Neither the producers nor I can honestly say what happened. Maybe Alex did take it. Maybe, if he did, he did so by accident, believing it to be his own. Maybe during clean-up at some point, Ed (or someone else) inadvertently tossed the small plastic storage container of his pea puree without even seeing that they’d done so. I know from experience that such things happen in busy, hectic kitchens.
We just don’t know. What I can say, though, is this: We will shortly be filming the reunion episode, and I can practically guarantee you that the Pea Puree Incident will resurface during the episode, and you’ll see in the reunion what people have to say about it….
ALSO NEW THIS WEEK
- Find out what the judges were thinking in exclusive video from this week's Judges' Table.
- Weigh in on the week's best and worst dishes in our Rate the Plate photo gallery.
- Relive all the international culinary intrigue frame by glorious frame.
- Find out what Stephen has to say about his fatally flawed rice in our exclusive exit interview.
- See how to make Tiffany's winning dish in this week's Top Recipe video.
- Take your first step toward Top Chef status by enrolling in Top Chef University.