- 4 tart apples, peeled, cored and quartered
- 2# sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces the same size as the apples
- 1 recipe flaky butter crust
- Brandy Pecan Glaze
- ½ cup Brandy
- ½ cup maple syrup
- Lime zest and juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare the brandy pecan glaze: Pour the brandy in a small pot and reduce by half. Add the lime zest, lime juice, maple syrup, butter and salt to taste. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 – 7 minutes. Add in pecans. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat a 9” Calphalon Unison Nonstick skillet to medium high heat. While searing the apples and sweet potatoes, place them alternately in the pan so they are squeezed tightly together. Pour ½ the syrup over.
- Prepare crust by rolling it out 1/8 inch thick. Place crust on top of apples and sweet potatoes and tuck edges into the pan. Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown and apples and potatoes are soft enough for a toothpick to be inserted easily.
- Remove pan from oven and let cool off a bit. Place a serving dish on top of pan, and carefully flip over. Crust will be on the bottom.
- Serve warm with remaining sauce and vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!