Egg Custard With Shitake Mushrooms, Clams, and Lobster
3 cups water
1 bag of bonito
1 small piece of dashi
10 shitake mushrooms (additional to dice for garnish)
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp Mirin
Scallions (for garnish)
Salmon roe (for garnish)
Lobster knuckle meat (for garnish)
Directions for Clams
1. Steam clams, remove meat, and chop.
2. Reserve residual liquid for broth.
Directions for Broth
1. Boil to a simmer for 1 hour.
3. Adjust seasoning with soy sauce, salt, and mirin.
4. Cool liquid in ice broth.
5. Mix 2 cups of chilled broth with 3 eggs.
6. Whisk well.
7. Strain to create the egg custard.
1. Put knuckle meat, clams, and mushrooms into small bowls
2. Top with chilled egg custard (about 4 oz.)
3. Cover with plastic wrap and steam for 10 minutes.
4. Top with scallions, salmon roe.