If I thought Monday night's Alice in Wonderland screening was a shroomy, tripindicular adventure, last night I went even deeper. I finally started reading Melissa Gilbert's Prairie Tale, and, um ... it is whack.
Every page is chock full of insanity. It's a romp in over-sharing, about herself, her family, her co-stars, you name it.
Here is what I know, from 100 pages in:
* Michael Landon had a terrible temper and always smelled like booze. He also was her second daddy, helped her to cry on cue, was supercool and supersexy, and kind of disappeared from Little House after he left his wife ("Aunt Lynn") for a makeup lady.
* Melissa was repulsed by the hot blond dude who played "Alonzo" on Little House. And she did not care ONE BIT for her TV sister, Melissa Sue Anderson. Not ONE BIT!
* After Melissa lost her virginity, she was a little less repulsed by the dude who played "Alonzo". (She didn't lose it to him, and I don't think they ever did it though she's doing it with Rob Lowe right now in the book so maybe that's to come.)
* She had her own production company and played Helen Keller and Anne Frank in the course of a year for TV movies, which makes her something of the Dakota Fanning of the '70s.
* Her mother was bonkers but beautiful. She loved AND hated her.
Like I said I am only about 100 pages in and those are only BULLETS of what's happened so far. I am in a hurry so I can't share more with you.
Don't forget that Tabatha is the guest judge on Shear Genius tonight and I am the resident "expert" on "Real Housewives of Millionaire" week. At this moment I am one for one. Stay tuned to see how big a fool I do, or do not, make of myself.
As a faithfull viewer of your show I am suggesting that you add a few more fellas to the the guest pool. More Jeff Lewis and a dream guest would be Neil Patrick Harris. The estrogen level has been kinda high in the last few weeks. Love the show anyway!!!
Andy, No comment on halfpint.......But.... you make me crack up and smile every time I watch you. You are my guilty pleasure. Seriously!! You sort of make sense of all the nonsense..... I watch your show after a long day of teaching elementary school....(kind of takes the "edge" off...if that's possible...) Hey, did you ever host or MC any gigs for Black Velvet Liquor back in the 90's?? I could swear you are "that" guy. Either way, congrats on the show. Keep up the hysterical antics!! : }
Andy, Thanks for the flashbacks of OC of yore!!! That's honestly whe I enjoyed the show the most!! It was great to see the old gang of Lauri, Jeana, Kimberly, Jo, and Vicki!! That was a great idea!! Kelli Ash
Andy, darling....I second an above post: "Almanzo!". How are we supposed to trust you if you don't check the details? ;)
I loved Melissa Gilbert's book, and especially the honesty with which it was written. I grew up with her and ALMANZO on "Little House" and never knew that she and "Mary" did not share the sisterly love...
Andy .. THANK YOU for being you! Love that you are critiquing / trashing Melissa's over hyped book. I have to pick up a copy to see what she says about Alison Arngrim aka Nellie Olsen [a personal heroine of mine]. Poor ol' Mary, she had to go blind to take away some of Laura's spotlight! Call Him Miss Ross