My email is filling up with comments - mainly hate mail somehow directed at me furiously wondering why the judges have kept Santino in the "Project Runway" competition. I will get to Santino (again) in another blog. But some of you have answered my call to share YOUR pop culture obsessions....and now I will pay it forward right back at ya:
CHRISTOPHER W in NYC is obsessed with:
- DYNASTY RERUNS: I never watched the original, and think it is fascinating how they didn't have lighting technicians on this show. It is all the same light: romantic dinner, private fashion show, getting kidnapped (and rescued in the same episode!)....brilliant.
- VOIP: no one is sure what it is, but it is the next HUGE deal. Nothing is ever just evolving technology, no it must be HUGE!!!
- KATHY GRIFFIN: She never molested people on the carpet, well, not physically.
MARTY had quite a comprehensive list, here's a mere sample of his obsessions:
- JAMAICA OF JAMES BOND IN DR. NO: love the clothes, love the furniture, set design, a youthful Sean Connery. Kinda makes you want to join SPECTRE?
- LISA RINNA: Someone stop her! My eyes focus on her lips all the time. How does Ty Treadway do it??
- LOST: It's the Twin Peaks of the new millenium sans the cherry pie.
- NINA GARCIA: Andy, you are right Nina is right-on on PR. Her comments are to the point, and zero in on what is wrong or right. - STAR JONES: Does her head look funny on her new body? Methinks so!
- PROJECT RUNWAY MODEL WALK-OFF: The best! Great job editing, and the reactions were priceless especially Andrae and Daniel V.
Guess What? The staff of the insane "TONY DANZA SHOW" is reading the blog and sent in their obsessions! Thanks guys and keep up the (insert adjective here) work!:
- AMERICAN IDOL: Will the men reign supreme and will Paula be slurring?
- JACKIE COLLIN'S LATEST BOOK, LOVERS AND PLAYERS: It chronicles the life of Red Diamond and his three wayward sons!
- SKATING WITH CELEBRITIES: Anyone can dance, but a star putting themselves in jeopardy of a head injury is worth watching. That, and seeing how long Kristy Swanson's partner can actually lift her over his head without falling
- S. EPATHA MERKERSON'S ACCEPTANCE SPEECHES: At the Sag Awards, she thanked her divorce lawyer!
- THE DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES IN PUBLIC: Watch how they are always all over each other in public to prove that they don't hate each other - at the SAG awards Eva Longoria was sitting on Marcia Cross's lap.
- "GREY'S ANATOMY": Or more specifically Patrick Dempsey - he's so the new Clooney