Ready for some hot summer action? In the kitchen, that is. We here at Bravo HQ sure are, and so we've put together a fantastic five-course meal as a preview of Top Chef's soon-to-be-released book: How to Cook Like a Top Chef. It hits bookstores on July 14th, so celebrate Bastille Day (France's version of the Fourth of July, except it's ten days late) with a defiantly American meal. Here's a preview of what to cook.:
1. Ariane's tomato, watermelon, and feta salad: Delightfully light -- perfect for summer -- and healthy!
2. Suzanne Tracht's fried shallot rings: What's more American than fried foodstuffs?
3. Champagne Break! In the book, master sommelier Stephen gives a full description of what wines to pair with what foods, as well as a list of "dos and "don't"s. We're taking one of his "do"s ("drink champagne with everything") and making it into its own course.
4. Rick Bayless's Queso Fundido Burgers: What's more American than burgers? Ignore those Spanish words in the recipe title.
5. Michael Voltaggio's Apple Sorbet: A crisp, cool way to end the meal and cleanse your palate ... for seconds!
Preorder the book if you want these dishes (and many more) in full!
The Daily Dish is your source for all things Bravo, from behind-the-scenes scoop to breaking news, exclusive interviews, photos, original videos, and, oh, so much more. Subscribe to The Daily Dish podcast, join our Facebook group, and follow us on Instagram for the latest news hot off the presses. Sign up to become a Bravo Insider and be the first to get exclusive extras.