There's some sad news in the Bravo world today: Shereé Whitfield's pup Max has passed away. The (almost) 10-year-old Yorkshire Terrier — who was a mainstay on The Real Housewives of Atlanta (and at Chateau Shereé) — became sick back in February after he got into a box of Godiva candy.
As chocolate is very poisonous to dogs, Max was then diagnosed with diabetes, pancreatitis and kidney failure as a result. He had been improving somewhat according to a post from last week, but she was looking for advice as the fur baby was not eating ... and then her post on Sunday shared that he had passed on:
"I want to thank u guys for ALL of your love, suggestions and support for Max. Max has transitioned into doggy heaven. May his mighty spirit live forever! He has been apart of our family for almost 10 years and will be truly missed!!!! We ❤ Max.....#RIP #MAX #MaddiePoo"
Shereé had previously told Unleashed that Max was "such a good dog" and a total "camera hog" — see for yourself and click through the sweet snaps in the post she shared below:
Credit: Sheree Whitfield/Instagram
The Daily Dish is your source for all things Bravo, from behind-the-scenes scoop to breaking news, exclusive interviews, photos, original videos, and, oh, so much more. Subscribe to The Daily Dish podcast, join our Facebook group, and follow us on Instagram for the latest news hot off the presses. Sign up to become a Bravo Insider and be the first to get exclusive extras.