Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, sweepstakes, and more!
Over the past few years we've seen Teresa and Joe Giudice face more hurdles than most couples see in their entire relationship. And while the RHONJ couple is now enduring a long-distance relationship as Joe serves out his 41-month prison sentence, it became clear during a recent phone interview with Teresa that the two are still as in love as ever. Teresa talked about dating Joe, their engagement and their 17-year-long marriage, dropping a few fun facts along the way.
1. Teresa and Joe knew each other long before they started dating.
"I’ve known him my whole life," says Teresa. "Our parents were friends and so we’ve known each other our whole lives. Our first date was when I was 17. I would say when I started driving, that’s when our first date was. We didn’t start [seriously] dating until I was 23."
2. They dated and were engaged for the exact same amount of time.
"We dated for a year and 8 months, and a year and 8 months [after getting engaged] is when we got married."
3. Their anniversary is October 23, 1999.
They were married in the Cathedral Basilica Church of the Sacred Heart, and they had their reception at Nanina’s in the Park in Bellville.
4. The theme of their wedding was Shakespeare in Love.
The Gwyneth Paltrow movie came out in 1998, and the two were married in 1999.
5. The first dance at their wedding was to I Do (Cherish You).
Does it get more late-90s than this 98 Degrees song?
6. They didn't wait long before having kids.
“We knew each other our whole life, so it was like whatever happens happens, and we were pregnant with Gia six months later,” says Teresa.
7. But one of their daughters was a fun surprise.
"Milania was a surprise, and she happened in Punta Cana on the beach," says Teresa. "Total surprise. Her and Gabriella are 16 months apart, and I wanted to wait. I didn’t want it to happen right away, you know? At Gabriella’s year birthday, I was already showing with Milania.”
8. Tre says their humor is her favorite thing about them as a couple.
"We always find a way to laugh," she says. "He’s very carefree and easy going, always in a good mood."