Ash Fulk & Ashley Merriman's (Top Chef season 6) Chocolate-Peanut Butter Bread Pudding
Serves 6, Time: 45 minutes, plus baking
1 cup honey
1 ½ cup heavy cream
½ loaf brioche, preferably day old, cut into bite-sized cubes
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Butter for greasing
1 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 ½ cups creamy peanut butter
- Whisk eggs and honey until fluffy and pale in color.
- In a medium saucepan, warm 1 cup of the cream over medium heat until bubbles form. Reduce to low heat.
- Whisk in ¼ cup of the hot cream to the egg mixture. Whisk into the rest of the cream. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the custard and bread cubes. Stir in the chocolate chips. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Pour the bread mixture into pan. Fit the baking pan into a roasting pan, and pour hot water into the roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the pudding pan. Bake 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool for at least 1 hour.
- Combine ½ cup cream and condensed milk in a saucepan over medium heat. When bubbling, reduce low heat, and whisk in the peanut butter. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon the peanut butter sauce onto plates and top with bread pudding and additional sauce.