Duck Breast, Walnut Miso, Pickled Cherries, Farro
1 cup Walnuts
1 Tbsp Red miso paste
1 Tsp Mirin
1 Tsp White soy sauce
Chocolate Mint (to preference)
Directions for Duck
1. Season duck breast with salt/pepper.
2. Sear on med-low on cast iron skin side down to render fat.
3. Remove and let cool until medium rare.
Directions for Walnut Miso
1. Blanch 1 cup walnuts in hot boiling water.
2. Blend in blender w/ 1 Tbsp red miso paste, 1 Tsp mirin, 1 Tsp rice vinegar, 1 Tsp white soy sauce.
3. Blend until very smooth and then pass through chinois.
Directions for Pickled Cherries
2 part Rice vinegar
1 part butter
To taste Sugar
Pinch of Salt
1.Boil and pour over cherries.
2. Strain and reserve liquid. Mound pickling liquid with butter on the pick up to make cherry sauce.
Directions for Farro
1. Boil farro in chicken stock for 1 hour until soft and bloomed.
2. Strain farro.
3. Mound farro with butter and chicken stock until it looks creamy.
4. Season with salt.
Directions for Shave Carrots
1. Shave celery (compress with walnut oil).
2. Shave radishes (compress with yuzu).
3. Chocolate mint (chopped).
4. Toss all with walnut oil, salt.