Episode 1: You Think You Know Me?!
The last time you all saw me on television, I was in a hot tub with Matt Nordgren…
Well, pruned fingers and all, we finally got out…and then he never called me again. But I bounced back OK, don't y'all think?!
I am so glad that I have finally been able to catch y'all up on what I have been doing the past two years! As you will be able to see throughout this season of Courtney Loves Dallas, I am trying to figure out how to (maybe!) have it all…but as a woman, is that ever really possible?! Can a woman have the perfect career, the perfect friends, and the perfect family, all while trying to find their perfect man…and be wearing the perfect outfit?! Well, I am in the search to see for myself, and of course, I will make several mistakes along the way!
[video_clip_url:http://player.theplatform.com/p/PHSl-B/yT7k3t_YLXoZ/embed/select/A5C7ZJtdzpKr]Here's a couple tidbits and sneak peeks into my life, and a little bit of what you will see this season on Courtney Loves Dallas:
- If you haven't figured it out already, fashion is a HUGE part of my life! Not only does it play a role in my career, but getting dressed up and planning outfits is therapeutic for me. One can generally guess my mood based on what I am wearing. But heck, isn't that the fun part about fashion? You can dress up and be whatever you want to be every single day!
- Humor is everything to me. I love to laugh, I love to be sarcastic, and I love to smile. I was told as a young child that "If you can get people to laugh, then you can get them to do anything." And I pretty much still try to live by the mantra!
- My girlfriends are like sisters to me. We fight and we disagree, but we love and support each other so hard! Tori put it best when she said that we are really different…but that's truly what makes our relationships so unique!
- I would do anything for my mother. She is the biggest role model in my life and the woman I want to be when I grow up. She has taught me lessons about life and has displayed unconditional love to me 100% of the time…even when I probably didn't deserve it.
- The men in my life haven't been the most consistent. I've had a father who left and a handful of failed relationships…but despite that, I still truly believe in finding that one man who will be my soul mate and my forever person. I've been a hopeless romantic as long as I can remember. And although some people might say I am naive for believing that the fairytale can really happen, I just prefer to stay positive when it comes to love! I mean, love is supposed to be happy thing, right?!
- My mouth gets me into trouble more often than not, and I don't hold anything back, but I truly believe in being myself and doing what I feel…all the time…no matter what…but I have had to learn that if I am going to live like that, then I have to stand by my actions and words, and own up to them all the time as well.
I truly hope that there is a part of me that is relatable to every viewer of Courtney Loves Dallas on some level -- actually, I know that there is! Whether you are a man or a woman, young or old, you have probably, at some point in your life, chased a career dream, fallen in love, had your heart broken, had friends who've stood by you through thick and thin, or learned lessons the hard way! And that's exactly what I am doing….I just chose to do it with cameras around.
I would love to hear yall’s feedback about the show (but hey, lets keep it nice, shall we?!), so feel free to reach out to me on Twitter @thecourtneykerr! Or for the fashion lovers out there, don't forget to check out my style blog at www.thecourtneykerr.com!
See y'all next week!
Can't see the EventBox? Click Here.
Voices Heard Media