There are certain items that it seems like everyone is wearing. For example, Canada Goose parkas — during every subway ride this winter, we saw at least a handful of those tell-tale red arm badges. Or, have you noticed how many peoples’ fingers are ornamented in these dainty gold Catbird rings? And then there are Allbirds — doesn't it seem like those ultra comfortable sneakers are *everywhere* lately?
When there’s a big trend going around, we at Most Wanted take it upon ourselves to investigate so you don’t have to. We tested Allbirds’ latest launch, which is made from trees (yes, trees), and here’s what we found …
1. Comfort: It’s no secret that we at Most Wanted put comfort pretty much above all else. What’s the point of wearing something if you’re going to be hurting in it? And out of everything in your closet, your sneakers should definitely be the most comfortable. Allbirds shoes pass the comfort test with flying colors. Made from eucalyptus tree fiber, the kicks in the Allbirds Tree Collection have a super soft upper, which perfectly contours to the shape of your foot. It’s like your feet are getting a gentle hug — but the material is so breathable at the same time. The padded insole is made from moisture-wicking merino wool, so every step feels like you're trotting on a cloud. And the lightweight sole won’t leave you dragging your feet — it has a unique S-curve tread that’s designed to mimic the anatomical flexibility of your feet and give you natural weight distribution. Now that’s unparalleled comfort.
2. Style: We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: You never ever have to sacrifice style in order to be comfortable. Allbirds’ minimalistic designs confirm that fact. Both their Tree Runners and Tree Skippers are designed with simplicity and timelessness in mind, so they’ll never go out of style.
3. Versatility: Speaking of that simple, classic style, that also leads to versatility. Both the Tree Runners and the Tree Skippers look just as great with a sundress as they do with athletic wear. And (depending on your job, of course) they’re totally appropriate for most casual offices.
4. Sustainability: Did you know that tree fibers use only five percent of the water and one-third of the land compared to traditional footwear materials? Yup. Crafted from ethically-sourced Eucalyptus tree pulp, Allbirds’ Tree Collection is the brand’s most sustainable product to date. It's also certified by the Forest Stewardship Council, which means they source materials that meet strict standards to protect forests and the animals who live in them. If you’re a bit of a shoe collector like us, you can feel a lot better about buying a pair of Allbirds Tree Runners or Allbirds Tree Skippers.
5. Low Maintenance: Who needs socks? If you’re wearing a pair of Allbirds kicks, not you! The sneakers are so soft and comfortable, you can definitely go sockless — and they minimize odor too!
6. Ease: Still worried about going sockless? Cleaning your Allbirds is as simple as throwing them into the washing machine. Being able to wash them will also give your beloved kicks a much longer lifespan.
7. Affordability: At just $95 a pair, Allbirds ring in at a much more affordable pricepoint than most sneakers of similar — or even lower! — quality.
If you’re interested in trying a pair of the shoes you’re seeing all over the place, check out Allbirds’ new Tree Runners and Tree Skippers below, as well as the classic design that put the sneaker brand on the map.
Allbirds Tree Runners
Allbirds Tree Skippers
Bravo’s Style & Living is your window to the fabulous lifestyles of Bravolebrities. Be the first to know about all the best fashion and beauty looks, the breathtaking homes Bravo stars live in, everything they’re eating and drinking, and so much more. Sign up to become a Bravo Insider and get exclusive extras.