Since this was our Platinum Hit "love episode" here's a list of ten things I loved about the show this week:
2. I loved that all the contestants were so psyched to meet Ryan Tedder. He's a loyal friend and a brilliant singer/songwriter/producer.
3. I loved that they showed a photo of Scotty and his boyfriend.
4. I loved Kara's stunned yet amused expression when Melissa told her "please don't take an attitude!" Can anyone identify Melissa's accent? I've never been able to put my finger on it.
5. I loved that Nick came off. . .well. . .almost charming, and actually wrote a heartfelt, vulnerable song.
6. I loved how after being completely grilled, steam-rolled over, and eliminated, Melissa opted for the high road and was full of sunshine and optimism with the other contestants.
7. I loved how Sonyae, Brian, and Scotty just rocked it as a team. THAT is what a successful collaboration looks and sounds like.
8. I loved when Jewel, about to be trampled by eight sprinting contestants, giggled "Don't run me over!"
9. I loved how Jewel and I agreed that Jackie's "Hey Monique I'm Stephanie" line was winningly quirky, even though Kara was not feeling it at all.
10. I loved how Jewel and I both said "that would be a NO" in unison after she asked Jes "Do you have respect for Melissa?"
OK, so YES, I absolutely love Jewel to pieces! Happy 4th of July everybody, and thanks for watching.