Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, sweepstakes, and more!
The new season of Shahs of Sunset premieres April 10 at 9/8c, and by now you've certainly fallen in love with the adorable promo hinting at a ren-bro-ssance between Reza Farahan and Mike Shouhed. Watching them hanging out at the beach, eating ice cream together, and riding Segways like BFFs makes us hopeful these two will finally work it out.
But you may be wondering what went down behind the scenes on this shoot...and we've got the answers. Enjoy some of the most surprising tidbits that occured while filming this hilarious dream sequence.
1. Reza's Sand Abs are Actually a Headless Mannequin
Reza is sitting in a hole with a wooden board over him to keep him from getting sandy (we had to keep him sand-free for other scenes). Then the mannequin was placed on the board while sand was molded to the mannequin and up to Reza's neck.
2. Reza and Mike Went Commando Under Their Robes in the Waxing Scene
The guys were dedicated to realism, and the actors doing the waxing were such pros!
3. Mike and Reza were Originally Going to Ride Hoverboards
They opted for Segways.
4. We Had to Promise Reza and Mike They Could Keep Their Teddy Bears
5. Mike's Bedroom, Reza's Bedroom, the Salon, and the Waxing Station were All Shot in the Same Space
We swapped camera set ups, furniture, sheets, and pajamas to create the illusion of several different locations.