Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, sweepstakes, and more!
Bethenny Removes the Calories (and Guilt) from Pizza
B puts a skinny twist on the gooey favorite.
New Yorkers love pizza, and Bethenny Frankel is no exception.
"Who doesn't like pizza?" the Bethenny Ever After star writes on her official site before unveiling the secret behind a Skinnygirl pie. "This recipe is a light take on what can be a heavy caloric favorite. Change out the ingredients for your favorites or add more vegetables for a more filling pie!"
So, how do you savor the cheesy treat without worrying about the 200 extra squats you'll need to do to burn it off? Start with buying a whole-wheat flatbread -- naan or lavash -- and one (8 ounce) container of part-skim or low-fat ricotta cheese to be drained. Then you'll need a half-head of garlic, salt and freshly ground pepper, three thinly sliced plum tomatoes, and two tablespoons of fresh basil.
Got all that? Bethenny next instructs her skinny-seekers to preheat their ovens to 350 degrees F, and follow her step-by-step prep guide:
- Take an entire head of garlic and cut off the tip of the head, exposing the cloves.
- Season with a little salt and pepper, place the garlic in a baking dish or wrap them in aluminum foil.
- Bake in oven until very soft and tender, about 45 minutes to 1 hour (the roasted garlic cloves can be easily squeezed from their skins.)
- Spread half the head of garlic onto the flatbread with a knife (save the other half for later use, or if you enjoy the taste of garlic, use it all).
- Spread 1 side of the flatbread with the ricotta, salt and pepper, scatter the tomatoes, and garnish with fresh ground black pepper.
- Heat in the oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Want more Skinny-approved recipes from Bethenny? Find her best breakfast, dinner, desserts, cocktails and more at bethenny.com. Buon appetito!
Would you serve up Bethenny's slimmed-down pie? Start a Tweet Battle, and make your case.