New Yorkers love pizza, and Bethenny Frankel is no exception.
"Who doesn't like pizza?" the Bethenny Ever After star writes on her official site before unveiling the secret behind a Skinnygirl pie. "This recipe is a light take on what can be a heavy caloric favorite. Change out the ingredients for your favorites or add more vegetables for a more filling pie!"
So, how do you savor the cheesy treat without worrying about the 200 extra squats you'll need to do to burn it off? Start with buying a whole-wheat flatbread -- naan or lavash -- and one (8 ounce) container of part-skim or low-fat ricotta cheese to be drained. Then you'll need a half-head of garlic, salt and freshly ground pepper, three thinly sliced plum tomatoes, and two tablespoons of fresh basil.
Got all that? Bethenny next instructs her skinny-seekers to preheat their ovens to 350 degrees F, and follow her step-by-step prep guide:
- Take an entire head of garlic and cut off the tip of the head, exposing the cloves.
- Season with a little salt and pepper, place the garlic in a baking dish or wrap them in aluminum foil.
- Bake in oven until very soft and tender, about 45 minutes to 1 hour (the roasted garlic cloves can be easily squeezed from their skins.)
- Spread half the head of garlic onto the flatbread with a knife (save the other half for later use, or if you enjoy the taste of garlic, use it all).
- Spread 1 side of the flatbread with the ricotta, salt and pepper, scatter the tomatoes, and garnish with fresh ground black pepper.
- Heat in the oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Want more Skinny-approved recipes from Bethenny? Find her best breakfast, dinner, desserts, cocktails and more at bethenny.com. Buon appetito!
Would you serve up Bethenny's slimmed-down pie? Start a Tweet Battle, and make your case.
Bethenny Removes the Calories (and Guilt) from Pizza
You May Also Like...Recommended by Zergnet