Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, sweepstakes, and more!
Kyle Richards took to her Instagram Stories this weekend to share with fans an incident she had that landed her briefly in the hospital. After The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills cast member walked into a beehive, she had a severe allergic reaction.
"So this happened yesterday… I walked into a hive of bees and was stung multiple times," she wrote on Sunday (July 25), sharing photos from the hospital. "If you know me at all you know I am allergic to bees and terrified of them."
She then used the incident as a cautionary tale. "I share this story with you because I sometimes don't bother to take my epi pen with me. I also don't know why I couldn't get mine to work," she wrote. "There are different types of epi pens and they each work differently. But also always call 911 even if you are able to use your epi pen as they have to use other medications to help breathing etc."
Kyle also shared with fans on Instagram on Saturday (July 24) that at the time of the incident, “my family wasn’t home and for whatever reason the people that work for me couldn’t hear me screaming for help,” according to Page Six. “My landline wouldn’t dial 911 and my epi-pen was defective and wouldn’t open.”
PEOPLE also reports that Kyle took to Instagram Stories to thank the Los Angeles Fire Department and Encino Hospital Medical Center for helping her.
After the incident, Kyle shared a photo of herself along with the update, “The red face is not going away. Apparently I may be like this for a while thanks to the bees.”
Want more RHOBH? New episodes air every Wednesday at 8/7c.
The Daily Dish is your source for all things Bravo, from behind-the-scenes scoop to breaking news, exclusive interviews, photos, original videos, and, oh, so much more. Subscribe to The Daily Dish podcast, join our Facebook group, and follow us on Instagram for the latest news hot off the presses. Sign up to become a Bravo Insider and be the first to get exclusive extras.