Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, sweepstakes, and more!
When Richard Blais isn't sweating through nights in the kitchen, you can generally find him with a pair of running shoes on tearing up the streets and tracks of whatever city the Top Chef All-Stars winner happens to find himself in that day or week. He's endured the marathon of Top Chef, and has also run actual marathons -- but how's a person, Top Chef or not, supposed to keep up with a fitness regimen when they're constantly on the go? Well, that's exactly what we wanted to know from Richard as a part of Healthy Week, and he happily obliged.
Blais sent along some tips for what keeps him motivated and able to still squeeze in workouts even when he's zipping across the country and world for food demos and running his restaurant. So throw your headphones on, lace up and stay healthy!
Richard Blais' 5 Running Tips for the Busy Traveler
1. If you travel a lot, like I do, make a commitment to throw on your runners as soon as you are settled. Map out a course before you land, and don't let yourself get too comfortable first.
2. Map out scenic routes when possible. A great view of a new place or even a different route near home can inspire you to run longer and/or faster.
3. Use GPS navigating apps on your smartphone to keep a track of pace and miles. This can help you reach your goals easier.
4. Running to music is a hot topic amongst serious runners, and although I don't race to tunes, I like throwing on the Pandora to keep up with new bands and also change my pace when I Fartlek train!
5. And of course, eat some light snacks before you run and hydrate well so you can sustain a good long workout without feeling hungry or fatigued!
Tell us your running tips in the comments, and make sure to watch Richard on Life After Top Chef every Wednesday.
The Daily Dish is your source for all things Bravo, from behind-the-scenes scoop to breaking news, exclusive interviews, photos, original videos, and, oh, so much more. Subscribe to The Daily Dish podcast, join our Facebook group, and follow us on Instagram for the latest news hot off the presses. Sign up to become a Bravo Insider and be the first to get exclusive extras.