Foodies of the world, rejoice!
Top Chef Masters is back and the competition is more intense than ever. Thirteen of the culinary world's most renowned chefs are hitting the Top Chef kitchen for a new season of high energy challenges, drama, and, of course, some truly remarkable dishes. It all starts tonight at 10/9c.
The competition is heating up from the get-go, as the Season 5 premiere sees the Masters thrown with one of the craziest challenges in Top Chef history, a new twist involving their sous chefs, and even more additions to the show in what's sure to be one of the most exciting seasons of Top Chef Masters yet.
Still not convinced you need to tune in? Here are the top seven reasons you need to watch.
1. The chefs go flying. Literally. For their first task, the chefs are faced with one of the show's most daunting challenges yet: skydiving. Yes, the most powerful chefs in the world jump out of a plane to their outdoor cooking site in California. If that's not kicking off the season on a (sky) high note, we don't know what is.
2. Bryan Voltaggio Returns! After being crowned runner-up to his brother on Top Chef Season 6, Voltaggio is the first contestant to play with the big kids on Masters. Will the new kid come out on top? Yeah, right--like we'd spoil it for you!
3. The sous chefs duke it out. This season, Masters is serving up a 2-in-1 competition, as the sous chefs are thrown with culinary challenges of their own. Watch Battle of the Sous Chefs on Bravotv.com, where their successes (or failures) in the kitchen can make or break their bosses' chances.
4. There's a legend in the kitchen. Sure, the chefs have bragging rights of their own, but they're all star-struck by veteran chef and restauranteur David Burke. Just wait until they see him jump out of a plane.
5. More Gail! This season, veteran judge Gail Simmons joins the Masters critics' table as Head Critic. She usually plays nice, but will she get tougher as the head this season? Watch to find out.
6. There's a new critic in town. Lesley Suter is joining the crew this season as a critic. And she's got plenty of culinary bonafides: Suter oversees all dining coverage for Los Angeles Magazine and was the first writer to take home the prestigious James Beard Award for food coverage in a general interest publication. She's also a proud mom-to-be!
7. Plenty of food porn. And Curtis Stone. Need we say more?
Be sure to tune into the Top Chef Masters Season 5 premiere tonight at 10/9c!
The Daily Dish is your source for all things Bravo, from behind-the-scenes scoop to breaking news, exclusive interviews, photos, original videos, and, oh, so much more. Subscribe to The Daily Dish podcast, join our Facebook group, and follow us on Instagram for the latest news hot off the presses. Sign up to become a Bravo Insider and be the first to get exclusive extras.