Is it hot in here, or is it just me? Top Chef Masters is cranking up the heat for Season 3, with 12 world class chefs, one hot new host, and a guest list that includes Maroon 5, Kelis, and Christina Hendricks.
Mad Men fans won't have to wait long for their dinner date with Joan Holloway -- Hendricks and her husband, actor Geoffrey Arend, will judge the new season's second episode, which appropriately centers on '60s inspired creations.
The show's also spicing things up with a few new tweaks -- star chef (and Aussie eye candy) Curtis Stone takes over hosting duties, and legendary foodie Ruth Reichl joins the judges' panel. And taking a page out of the original Top Chef's book, the spinoff's format will now also give cheftestants the boot elimination-style, instead of being judged on a scale. Facing the knife at Judges' Table this time around will be:
- Hugh Acheson - Chef/ Partner: Five & Ten, The National, Gosford Wine in Athens, GA and Empire State South, Atlanta, GA; Competing for Wholesome Wave Foundation
- Floyd Cardoz – Former Executive Chef/Partner of Tabla and soon-to-be Executive Chef/Partner of a new Danny Meyer restaurant; Competing for Young Scientist Cancer Research Fund
- John Currence - City Grocery Restaurant Group, Oxford, MS Competing for No Kid Hungry
- Traci Des Jardins - Chef/Co-owner of Jardinière, Mijita Cocina Mexicana and Public House and Manzanita, San Francisco, CA; Competing for La Cocina
- George Mendes - Chef/Co-Owner of ALDEA, Manhattan, NY; Competing for Charity: Water
- Mary Sue Milliken - Co-Chef/ Owner: Border Grill Restaurants and Truck, Los Angeles, CA; Competing for Share Our Strength
- Naomi Pomeroy - Owner: Beast in Portland, OR; Competing for Seed Savers Exchange
- Suvir Saran - Executive Chef: Dévi, New York, NY; Competing for Agricultural Stewardship Association
- John Rivera Sedlar - Owner: Playa, Los Angeles, CA; Competing for American Diabetes Association
- Alex Stratta - Executive Chef: Stratta, Las Vegas, NV; Competing for Faster Cures, part of the Milken Prostate Cancer Foundation
- Celina Tio - Chef/Owner: JULIAN Restaurant, Kansas City, MO, Competing for Harvesters
- Sue Zemanick - Executive Chef: Gautreau’s, New Orleans, LA; Competing for the Louisiana SPCA
So make your reservation now -- Season 3 of Top Chef Masters premieres Wednesday, April 6 at 11/10c.
Who's your early favorite? Start a Tweet Battle and launch your campaign.
The Daily Dish is your source for all things Bravo, from behind-the-scenes scoop to breaking news, exclusive interviews, photos, original videos, and, oh, so much more. Subscribe to The Daily Dish podcast, join our Facebook group, and follow us on Instagram for the latest news hot off the presses. Sign up to become a Bravo Insider and be the first to get exclusive extras.