Mario Batali has seen his empire crumble since the first accusations of sexual assault emerged against him just over one year ago. Now we know that he will not be charged for two sexual assaults in New York City.
Law enforcement sources told TMZ that the NYPD closed both of those cases against the chef and former television personality because, "investigators couldn't find any witnesses or evidence supporting claims made by the accusers."
TMZ originally broke the story that a woman filed a police report last March alleging Batali raped her in 2004 in his restaurant within NYC's West Village.
NYPD was also investigating Batali for sexual misconduct following a 60 Minutes report last year in which a woman alleged he assaulted her at the Spotted Pig back in 2005.
Reflecting in December on his "bad year" under scrutiny, Batali told Grubstreet he still considers himself "lucky."
The allegations first emerged on December 11, 2017. Batali followed up with a botched apology letter, but the fallout was swift: All traces of Batali vanished from Eataly, he was fired from The Chew (which ABC eventually canceled), his restaurants closed, and other chefs stepped back from their associations with his name.
The Feast is Bravo’s digital destination serving culinary inspiration and essential food news. Like us on Facebook and visit daily for diet and wellness trends, kitchen hacks and tools — and the buzziest celebrity, chef, and restaurant happenings you need to know about right now.