Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, sweepstakes, and more!
On any given weeknight, Lisa Vanderpump can have her pick of dishes from any one of her white-hot restaurants. (Cauliflower wings at Tom Tom, anyone?) But on Christmas Day, only home cooking will do at Villa Rosa. And luckily for us, Lisa is sharing the secrets behind one of her signature holiday dishes.
On December 25, The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills pal took to Instagram to share a short video of herself whipping up a dish and doing a little jig. In the caption, the Vanderpump Rules boss wrote: "Last year it was the turkey dance, this year it’s the red cabbage dance! Having fun cooking this morning! Merry Christmas!!!"
Take a peek at Lisa's happy dance, as well as the gorgeous dish, below.
Note the pink Dutch Oven:
Over on her website Very Vanderpump, Lisa shared the exact recipe for her holiday-hued side dish. Click over here to read the chef's notes, and keep scrolling to see the recipe reprinted below:
Lisa Vanderpump's Braised Red Cabbage Recipe
1 head Red Cabbage, cored and chopped
3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
1 medium red onion, chopped
¼ tsp cloves
¼ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper (more to taste)
½ cup Red Wine Vinegar
½ cup light brown sugar
2 tbsp Water
3 tbsp salted butter, chopped
- Position an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 300°F.
- Put the cabbage, apples, onion, cinnamon, cloves, salt and pepper, in a non-reactive Dutch oven or oven and flame-proof casserole dish (at least 5 quarts).
- Add the vinegar, 2 tbsp of the butter, the water and half the brown sugar, and mix well.
- Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until it begins to steam.
- Remove from the heat, dot the remaining butter over the cabbage, and sprinkle the brown sugar on the top.
- Cover and bake (stirring after 45 minutes) until the cabbage is very tender, 1 ½ to 2 hours. They get really tender and delicious at 2 hours, so it’s worth the wait!). Season with salt and pepper and serve warm.
Bravo’s Style & Living is your window to the fabulous lifestyles of Bravolebrities. Be the first to know about all the best fashion and beauty looks, the breathtaking homes Bravo stars live in, everything they’re eating and drinking, and so much more. Sign up to become a Bravo Insider and get exclusive extras.