Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, sweepstakes, and more!
Cristy address the gala-drama once again, and comments on this week's episode.
I am finally back in the United States. My trips to the Bahamas, and then to Paris with my family were so amazing! Family time is so special, as I believe that every day is a gift to us, and we must never take anything for granted!
I just decided to reconnect and read your comments, and I can't believe we are still talking about the same thing. . . But because all of you who have written into our blogs are all avid fans of our show, I want to take the time and try to answer some of the questions I read. . .
AAAAAAHHHHHHHH.... am I really going here again??? Yes, Lil' Miss Cristy you are!!!! LOL. . .OK, so here goes.
1. First and foremost I NEVER planned on attending the gala because I was NOT supposed to be in Miami. (This answers the question as to why I did not purchase a ticket beforehand.)
2. The night before the gala my baby got sick, and I was contemplating canceling my trip! While I was at the salon that night I saw Marysol, and we talked about the excitement of the gala. She suggested I come for the "cocktail hour" only. (This answers the question as to why I ended up going.)
3. My friend Luqui mentioned to me that she would like to come with me, and she did. Unfortunately, s--t happens and on the way there we got a flat tire. Needless to say we missed the cocktail hour. Upon arrival, I thought it was only right to go in and say hi and show Lea support as she was so excited about her event.
On our way we ran into a friend of which had plans for dinner at Liv (a nightclub in the same hotel) and asked us to join her after. We told her we were on our way to say hi and apologize and clearly not stay because we NEVER had planned on attending anything other than the "cocktail hour," and at this point we had missed it. She then walked in and accompanied us, and really had no idea as to what was going on, being that she was visiting from South America, does not speak English, and was innocently just tagging along. (This answers the question as to who that third person is.)
4. I have NEVER had a problem donating to any charity, as I did not with this one. I knew that I would be at Lea's later that week and just planned on handing the check to her myself. In my mind it was NOT an issue at all. It never crossed my mind that someone like Lea would make such a big gossip-fest about something like this, until I quickly received that mail and started hearing all the comments she had made. Regardless, I handed her the check and called it a day. . .BUT she did not and neither did Adriana and Co. As we can see by the interviews they made it this HUGE ordeal, which I could not believe. Certainly, if I had planned on going and attending from Day 1 I would have had a table and sent in my check previously. (Answers the questions about paying Lea).
5. Do I like Lea? YES!!! I had never had a problem with her before. I considered her to be a smart woman, which is why I was surprised by the extent of her actions. . .After a million questions about the same gala topic and the "Lea said this and that about you" I responded to yet another question with "I am so tired of hearing all this s--t Lea says about me and the gala, that at this point she should pay me for coming to this gala." It was said in a SARCASTIC voice.
The episode shows that I am not the one to sit around and talk about my looks or my money or toot my own horn. I do however, not care to indulge in all that gossip between the girls and in NOT reacting or giving it importance. I am sorry if it comes across as stuck up. I promise it's simply one thing: not giving in to all that negative energy and rising above it the best way I can. I just don't understand why she created so much animosity between us. I have never understood it. It was always my intention to pay her, and if she had a doubt, the Blackberry she lives on has my number in it.
I will never understand how something that is a charity, not an obligation, got turned into something so ugly. At the end of the day I gave the money for the kids and that is what was important. (Answers the questions: Am I self centered and do I like lea?)
OK. So I hope I touched on most of the questions you guys had for me.
Moving on to the fashion show!!! I thought it was fun, and funny the way they showed me in those hair rollers.
Hmmm. . .All I can remember saying once again about Alexia is POSITIVE. . .Looks like her blog once again attacks me. Never knew saying an obvious fact like "She is bigger than me" was a problem. I wish I had those extra inches she was blessed with. But then again being self-secure is a blessing we all don't have apparently! Apart from that I was happy to see how nice Gabriella Arango's designs looked on the runway!
Larsa's Lunch: I love Martorano's. It is always a great place to dine because the food is delicious and the atmosphere is fun. Thank you Steve for having us!!!
Larsa, sorry that this lunch got bummed out by Adriana. I had seen all of them a lot of times since the gala (especially Lea), and it was never discussed. All of a sudden Adriana (as always looking for attention at anyone’s expense) decides to attack me for her master (Miss Lea). I really don't care for people who are always talking about others and stirring up gossip for no reason. I don't care to entertain those kind of people -- they are going talk anyway. What really bothers me is that everything is "I heard you said this or I heard that," but when its time to own up to your words all of a sudden they are at a loss of them. I prefer to be straight up, as I am real. I would have never disrespected any host at her luncheon with such catty behavior, and unfortunately by this time I had had enough of their hypocrisy so it was time to stand up for myself.
And last but definitely NOT least: PUBLIC SCHOOLS ARE A GREAT OPTION!!! Who organizes fundraisers to raise money so their best friend could try to "keep up with the Jones" and keep her kid in a private school she clearly says she can't afford? And then the words "nobody needs to know -- we will come up with a strategy..." or something of that sort, that's NOT NICE!!!
Sadly, our season is a short one, and we are down to just one more episode, but I am happy to see that we have a great fan base. I hope you enjoy the season finale and the WWHL reunion.
I am often on Twitter so follow me for updates on @cubanrice.
HAVE A BEAUTIFUL WEEKEND AND GOD BLESS!
PS: The weather in Miami is beautiful now and its a great time to visit. Ultra for the music lovers and the Sony Ericsson for the Tennis lovers.... and of course the RHMIA!!!