3 lbs jumbo lump crab
2 lbs lump crabmeat
1 lbs butter (softened not melted)
1 pint mayo
1 cup chopped chives
4 Tbsp lemon zest
3 Tbsp Old Bay
6 red peppers (small dice)
6 yellow peppers (small dice)
4 Spanish onion (small dice)
2 lbs butter (to sweat peppers and onions)
2 ripe mangos peeled and diced
2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp yellow mustard seed
1. Mix all ingredients, taking care to carefully fold in first the lump crabmeat, and then the jumbo lump crab.
2. Lay out seven pretzel sticks like a raft. Top with 3 ounces of crab mix.
3. Top with seven more pretzel sticks and allow to rest in cooler for one hour.
4. Wrap each in two blanched chives and then dip in rice pearls.
5. Bake at 325 for 15 minutes or until warm throughout.
6. Garnish crabcake with a salad of jumbo lump crab mixed with miso vinaigrette, chopped chives, and lemon zest. Plate with mango coulis.
1. Puree with 4 Tbsp hot water and strain