When it comes to tailgating recipes, former Top Chef Cheftestant Chris Scott is basically a pro. Back on Season 15 of Top Chef, Chris dominated the Tailgating Challenge with fellow contestant Carrie Baird — they even got to go to the 2018 Super Bowl because they won!
Since Chris knows a thing or two about what it takes to make a winning dish, he's here to help you take your own tailgating parties to the next level with Top Chef-inspired spins on classic recipes that are delicious and easy to make. Because when it comes to game day, it's all about having a great time with your family and friends... and having great food to go along with it is an added bonus!
The first recipe that Chris is sharing is a game day classic: nachos. As with any snack that involves scooping and sharing, you need a chip that will hold up under all of the toppings you'll inevitably be piling on (because we all know the ultimate party downer is losing your broken chip at the bottom of the bowl). That's why Chris is using TOSTITOS® Original Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips in this recipe. Since they're made of corn, they're strong enough so that you don't have to worry about them breaking as you layer on cheese and meat (and more cheese).
Check out his full recipe below, and watch the video above to see Chris take you through his step-by-step process to make the spiciest, most delicious hot chicken nachos. You better believe your tailgate party will be the best one with this recipe.
Hot Chicken Nachos
- TOSTITOS® Original Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
- Hot Sauce
- Skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- Baking Powder
- Cayenne Hot Sauce
- Pickle Chips
- Frying oil
- Shredded lettuce
- Crumbled Blue Cheese
- Shredded Cheddar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Combine hot sauce and buttermilk to make marinade.
- Cut chicken thighs into small pieces and marinade in buttermilk mixture for at least one hour.
- Combine flour and baking powder.
- Remove chicken pieces from marinade and dredge in flour and fry in pan until golden brown and cooked to internal temp of 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken from oil and dip in cayenne hot sauce.
- Build nachos by layering TOSTITOS® Original Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips, hot chicken pieces, pickle chips, shredded cheddar and blue cheese and bake in oven.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with shredded lettuce and more blue cheese and enjoy!
Bravo’s Style & Living is your window to the fabulous lifestyles of Bravolebrities. Be the first to know about all the best fashion and beauty looks, the breathtaking homes Bravo stars live in, everything they’re eating and drinking, and so much more. Sign up to become a Bravo Insider and get exclusive extras.