Make the Winning Surf and Turf
Get the details on Adam, Gregory, and Rebecca's dish that wowed Boston's finest.
Blue Team (Adam, Gregory, Rebecca): Grilled Beef Tenderloin, Seared Scallops, Chanterelle Ragu, and Melted Leek Marcona Vinaigrette
Melted Leek Marcona Vinaigrette
2 cups apple cider vinegar
1/2 cups sugar
4 Thai chili (minced)
4 Tbsp yuzu
1 grapefruit (zest)
Salt, to taste
1. Cook sliced leeks in olive oil and salt until tender.
2. Let leeks cool to just warm.
3. Whisk remaining ingredients together.
4. Add vinaigrette to cover. Combine well.
2 bunches chive
1/2 bunches parsley
3 cups canola oil
1/4 cups Salt
1. Whisk to combine
1 lb Parnsips (peeled and sliced 1 inch thick)
2 clove garlic
2 sprigs thyme
2 quarts water
1 cup milk
1. Bring water, milk, garlic, and thyme to a boil
2. Season with salt
3. Add parsnips and cook until tender
4. Drain parsnips, reserving some of the cooking liquid
5. Puree until smooth, addding the reserved cooking liquid
6. Season with salt and olive oil
7. Pass through a chinoise
Asparagus and Chanterelle Ragout
Grape seed oil
1. Peel asparagus
2. Wash chanterelles until very clean
3. Let chanterelles dry on racks or towels until dry
4. Blanch asparagus into bite-size pieces
5. Sautee chanterelles in grape seed oil until crisp
6. Add asparagus and season with salt and pepper
7. Cook until asparagus is warm throughout