UPDATE (May 31, 2019 11:22 a.m. ET) Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will reportedly now split from The Royal Foundation, a charity formed with Prince William and Kate Middleton. (Markle joined as a patron following her May 2018 wedding.) This marks the second major (official) separation for the royal 'Fab Four."
The original story continues below.
“[Queen Elizabeth II] has agreed to the creation of a new household for The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, following their marriage in May last year,” Kensington Palace said in a statement. “The household, which will be created with the support of the queen and The Prince of Wales, will be established in the spring. This long-planned move will ensure that permanent support arrangements for the duke and duchess’ work are in place as they start their family and move to their official residence at Frogmore Cottage.”
OK, but what does it mean? Are the rumors of Meghan and Kate fighting true?
According to royal family expert William Hanson, the move is nothing unusual, and really, people are just stirring up unnecessary drama.
“Nothing sinister should be interpreted from this move,” he tells Personal Space. “This is a perfectly natural move for the brothers and I am sure they remain close in all but office.”
He explains that each key member of the royal family usually has their own office and team to deal with their own schedules and events. This move is just creating an official team and staff for Harry and Meghan.
“With Princes William, Harry and their respective wives, their work would be better supported by two teams,” Hanson says. “The workload and engagements of a future monarch will be different from that of ’the spare’ — however important his respective engagements will be also.”
Personal Space is Bravo's home for all things "relationships," from romance to friendships to family to co-workers. Ready for a commitment? Then Like us on Facebook to stay connected to our daily updates.