Bravo Insider Exclusive!

Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, sweepstakes, and more!

Sign Up for Free to View
Style & Living

Anthony Bourdain's Steel and Meteorite Chef's Knife Goes Up for Auction With Over 200 of His Items

The 215 items could fetch about $400,000 at an auction of Anthony Bourdain's possessions.

By Alesandra Dubin
Top Chef Season 15 Contestants Remember Anthony Bourdain

Anthony Bourdain died more than one year ago, and now a collection of his items are headed to the auction block. 

A catalogue of 215 items the chef, author, and TV personality left behind will be sold in an online auction next month. Proceeds from the sale will be distributed between his estranged wife Ottavia Busia and daughter Ariane (who will collect 60 percent), and the remaining 40 percent will be donated to a new scholarship to the Culinary Institute of America. Created in Bourdain's name, the scholarship is designed to allow recipients to spend a semester abroad or to study international topics, according a report in The New York Times about the sale.

Bourdain did not prefer to amass a huge collection of souvenirs from his travels, according to The Times report, but the items in the auction include some of the things that speak to what he cared about: art by Ralph Steadman, Hunter S. Thompson's collaborator Bourdain's friend; books and records Bourdain cherished; and manuscripts of his own work. It also includes his steel meteorite chef’s knife.

Auctioneer Lark Mason estimates a market value of $200,000 and $400,000 for the collection of items on the block.

Read more about:
Want the latest Bravo updates? Text us for breaking news and more!
Sponsored Stories
Recommended by Zergnet