Kris Jenner Reveals Grandson Mason Was Rushed to the Hospital After Allergic Reaction to Peanut Butter

Kris Jenner Reveals Grandson Mason Was Rushed to the Hospital After Allergic Reaction to Peanut Butter

Kourtney Kardashian's son Mason's "face started blowing up" from the allergic reaction.

By Alesandra Dubin
Kris Jenner

If you had any doubt about just how severe reactions to food allergies could be, consider that Bethenny Frankel recently survived a near-fatal allergic reaction to fish — during which she fell unconscious and ultimately landed in the ER and the ICU. While The Real Housewives of New York City mogul's fish allergy might be rare, allergies to peanuts are quite common — and they pose a serious danger to children.

That's a horror Kris Jenner recalled to Refinery 29, in response to a question about the most memorable late-night call she ever got from one of her kids. 

"The first one I ever got was the most alarming," she told Refinery 29. "It was when Mason ate peanut butter and his face started blowing up and his throat started closing. They had to rush him to the hospital. He had a peanut butter allergy for the longest time."

She added, however, "He's fine now." And that dovetails with some encouraging advice about food allergies that Dr. Oz recently dispensed.

Jenner also recalled a more recent allergic reaction among her grandchildren — but this one not to food.

"The most recent one that comes to mind is a week ago or so when we went to Palm Springs and Saint, my little grandson, we discovered he might be allergic to grass," she told Refinery 29. "We ended up in the E.R., but all is well — we figured it out."

Related Stories

The Feast is Bravo’s digital destination serving culinary inspiration and essential food news. Like us on Facebook and visit daily for diet and wellness trends, kitchen hacks and tools — and the buzziest celebrity, chef, and restaurant happenings you need to know about right now.

You May Also Like...
Recommended by Zergnet