Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, sweepstakes, and more!
Bethenny Frankel nearly died last month after a near-fatal reaction to a "rare fish allergy," which led to a 15-minute period of unconsciousness, and stints in the emergency room and the ICU. She credited 911 and the Epipen with saving her life, and vowed to wear a medical ID bracelet going forward for her safety.
But The Real Housewives of New York City businesswoman still lives with the trauma. On her Instagram Stories, she shared a snapshot of a newspaper story covering an 11-year-old boy's death from a similar allergy. The story, apparently from the New York Daily News print edition, carried the headline, "Tragic Reaction." It began: "An 11-year-old boy who appears to have died from an allergic reaction to the smell of cooking fish used his last breaths to comfort his beloved father. 'He told me, ‘Daddy, I love you. I love you,'' recalled Camron Jean-Pierre’s heartbroken father, Steven. 'He gave me two kisses.'"
Bethenny captioned her post, "This is bringing me to tears. When it's happening, you know you're dying. Poor baby."
The boy's shattering death felt very close to home for Bethenny. In addition to being a mom, and a NYC neighbor of the victim, Bethenny could especially relate to the intensity of his reaction from the mere cooking vapors of the fish: Her own near-death reaction was caused by accidentally eating soup that contained fish.
Photo: Bethenny Frankel/Instagram
Bravo’s Style & Living is your window to the fabulous lifestyles of Bravolebrities. Be the first to know about all the best fashion and beauty looks, the breathtaking homes Bravo stars live in, everything they’re eating and drinking, and so much more. Sign up to become a Bravo Insider and get exclusive extras.