Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, sweepstakes, and more!
Make Doug's Winning Mussels
Doug's mussels pleased the palates of the superfans -- and the judges. Try having them at home.
Chorizo-Marinated Mussels With Sweet Pepper and Cauliflower Relish
5 lbs mussels
5 lbs pork chorizo
1 head cauliflower
3 sweet pickled peppers
2 cups white wine
2 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp parsley (chopped)
2 Tbsp Chives (chopped)
1. Start a pan with chorizo. Render and carmelize lightly.
2. Add garlic, parlsey, chives, and mussels.
3. Add white wine and cover. Cook gently till the mussels have just opened.
4. Clean the mussels and strain the liquid over them. Cool.
5. Cut the cauliflower into small peices and roast hard until they have lots of color and are crispy.
6. To serve: Plate cauliflower, top with mussel and pickled pepper. Pour a little of the liquid over the mussel and garnish with pickled pepper and lemon preserve.
Salt, to taste
Sugar, to taste
1. Peel five lemons and thinly julienne the peel.
2. Blanch in boiling water five times till tender and not bitter.
3. Add juice from the lemons and season with sugar and salt to taste