If you're a Pinterest user who is interested in food, you've probably pinned many an idea that was far too aspirational to actually make yourself (at least not with any success). But Pinterest is out with its top 10 10 DIY Halloween food and drink trends from the company's annual Pinfrights report, and we must say they mainly look pretty doable. Plus, they include lots of just badass, spooky, cool stuff that will make you feel pretty smug about your efforts. So who's ready to try...
1. Mini Caramel ApplesEating a whole caramel apple might screw up your teeth, but these adorable teeny tiny mini ones can't do too much damage, right? Plus you can make several pops out of one apple.
2. Rice Krispy PumpkinsYes, they're basic, but more than 150,000 users have pinned these easy treats this year, which is almost 29 times more than in 2016.
3. Band-Aid BiscuitsSome vanilla wafers, icing, and bloody strawberry jam are enough to make these "biscuits," so named as they were developed in Australia.
4. Pizza SkullsPizza skulls are simple showstoppers for a Halloween party; take it to the next level by serving different varieties of fillings.
5. Poison ApplesA quick candy dip makes wholesome apples look deliciously sinister.
6. Zombie NachosWith cinnamon sugar pita chips and raspberry blood, these nachos are actually appropriate for dessert.
7. Toxic Waste Mac and CheeseWhat's awesome about this mac and cheese is that the toxic waste look comes from frozen spinach, so it's a healthyish entree to start with before trick or treating festivities ensue.
8. Black LemonadeIndulge your inner goth with lemonade spiked with the blackest of activated charcoal. You know, black like your soul.
9. Eyeball PongThere are more than 75,000 drinking game ideas on Pinterest, but this is by far the most popular.
10. Specimen CupsIf you're going for big gross factor, this mango-lemon gelatin shot is highly effective.
The Feast is Bravo’s digital destination for foodies, serving fresh culinary inspo, piping hot celebrity food coverage, diet and wellness trends, plus the kitchen hacks and tools you never knew you needed. Like us on Facebook and visit daily for a curated menu of essential food news, from seriously thought provoking to just plain fun.