3. Shoot from further than the length of your arm (use zoom if u must) because anything closer with lens's distortion will make your objects nose HUGE and disproportionate. Well, have a great shooting and report back how my advice worked!
Maybe I will create a special part of my blog on my website or fan page where you can upload your own pictures to show! Now last but not least is my response to various questions that had been coming in the form of commentary here on bravo's blog as well as in my emails.
1. thank you all for complimenting me on being a strong woman. SHHHHH nobody supposed to know lol
2. I do sometimes go to the russian store Gastronom in Sunny Isles, there are a few around the area that are good, but NOTHING can compare to my mom's cooking when I go back to Russia (was there in june ).
3. There will be more behin- the-scenes of my work and shoots as time progresses.
4. I moved to Miami in 2005. I lived in Hermosa Beach in CA before that and in London UK before LA. I have traveled to a LOT of places on this earth and there is no place more comfortable for me than plane's seat and airports where you can watch people passing by with their lives packed in roll-ons and heading into different chapters in their lives. It's a great time to catch up on all the reading I have missed as well.
5. I do not know if the Eastern European vibe was planned for the show's cast, but i doubt it was. It was first time I have heard Ariel calling himself Polish in first episode. I appreciate his pride in his ancestry. However Ariel is Jewish born in North Miami Beach. I have moved to Miami from LA, natural transition :) Listen to my favorite song EVERYBODY'S FREE by BAZ LUHRMANN and you will get an idea.
6. I do work on assignment basis. I am a freelance photographer. I love shooting portraiture features for magazines, celebrity fashion portraiture and work on my own fine art that I have been working for over a year and its almost finally ready to be let out in the world whether thru my own gallery or via exhibiting at art fairs like Art Basel.
Hi Maria, just wanted to say that I really enjoyed reading your blog. It seems to be very honest and sincere. You are not afraid to speak your mind or worry what others think. In my opinion many of the cast members are wearing a mask, some sort of defense mechanism, trying to appear strong and rough around the edges. What's really cool about you is that you are being real, true to self and thus appear a very strong and independent woman. Have a few questions for you. Are your parents going to move from St Pete to the U.S.? WHo is your closest friend out of the whole show's crew? Do you and Lina share a bond since both of you grew up in mother-russia? Looking forward to the next episode (somehow I became a very big fan of the show).
I always enjoy your blogs - you add value to the discussions. You're not sending out vacuous advice and platitudes and weird quotes like "words are the mirror to your soul..." WHAT? Nobody really talks like that, do they? Your discourse seems very genuine.
Maria, you're awesome. You are so confident and strong. I have to say that the scene and of you and your daughter in the car hugging, saying goodbye. It got me right in the gut and I had tears. It was a small, quiet moment and so incredibly beautiful and real. I could feel the bond you both have. And... I love your hair short. I have short hair now and love it. Hope you snip it short again. What is the beautiful red flower dress you wear in the promos?
Wow Maria! Your blogs make me like you that much more. You seem very genuine and strong. You make me want to live life!! :)
Maria, I'm a hobbyist photographer trying to make extra $$ thru fine art photography in local galleries. I'd love to see some of your fine art photos up on your website.
ps. You look fantastic with longer hair.
Hi Maria! You are very smart, beautiful woman. I'm really like your personality! But I don't like your T.A.T.U style.
I love you! I would have to say that is the best reality TV blog I have ever read. Just goes to show what someone with some depth can say. Thanks and I love your work!!!
I love your long hair, you look great! I really enjoyed this blog, it showed that there's a lot more to you than what is aired on the show.
Love your work...wondering which canon digital camera you use in the scenes where you were taking pics of your daughter and when ariel was using your camera?