Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, sweepstakes, and more!
3 Perfect Tequila Cocktails You'll Want to Serve at Every Party
#TopChef alums tell us how to make their favorite tequila drinks using plenty of Patrón.
Looking for a cool new cocktail that will impress your party guests? How about three totally irresistible new drinks? We asked Top Chef alums to share their favorite drinks made with that guaranteed party hit—tequila—and they came back with these crazy-delicious recipes. We're off to taste-test all three of the drinks in their videos—you know, for research purposes only.
1. Clean Green
This recipe from Kwame Onwuachi includes cucumber, oregano and lime juice, which Kwame says is to highlight the agave notes in the tequila. The drink also includes simple syrup, Roca Patrón Silver, and Lemon Balm extract.
2 oz Roca Patrón Silver
.75 oz Simple syrup
1 oz Lime juice
4 Cucumber slices
4 Oregano sprigs
1 spritz of Lemon balm extract
1. Add simple syrup, Roca Patrón Silver, lime juice, and 2 sprigs of oregano and muddle in a mixer for 10 seconds. In the bottom of a cocktail shaker, muddle cucumber, oregano, and simple syrup for 5 seconds. Add Roca Patrón Silver and Lime Juice
2. Fill the shaker with ice and place the top on. Shake vigorously for 10 seconds and strain over crushed ice in a high ball glass.
3. Garnish with 2 sprigs of oregano and spritz with lemon balm.
2. First Kish
Kristen Kish kicks off her drink of choice with muddled ginger and cherry syrup, which she explains are the "perfect complement" to the spices in the Roca Patrón Añejo. She also includes dry Champagne, orange twist, Luxardo cherries and orange angostura bitters with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Once it's all done you have "perfection, with a cherry on top."
1 oz Roca Patrón Añejo
1 tsp Chopped ginger
1 tsp Luxardo cherry syrup
A few dashes of Orange Angostura Bitters
A squeeze of fresh lemon juice
5 oz Dry Champagne
2 Luxardo Cherries
1. In a heavy bottom mixing glass, muddle the ginger and syrup together to release as much fresh ginger flavor as possible.
2. Add the Roca Patrón Añejo tequila, bitters, and lemon juice.
3. Add ice and shake until chilled.
4. Strain and serve in a tumbler, rocks glass or martini glass and top with champagne.
5. Garnish with the orange twist rubbing the rim of the glass and finishing with the luxardo cherries.
3. El Viejon
Jeremy Ford describes his cocktail as an "Old Fashioned with a Mexican twist." The El Viejón includes Regan's orange bitters, 'Elemakule Tiki bitters, cardamom syrups, Lillet Blanc and Roca Patrón Reposado.
2 oz Roca Patrón Reposado
2 dashes Regan's Orange Bitters
2 dashes 'Elemakule Tiki Bitters
.5 oz Cardamom syrup
.5 oz Lillet Blanc
1. Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake with ice to chill.
2. Strain over fresh ice – the largest cube(s) you can find – in a double old fashioned glass.
3. Grate fresh nutmeg over the top for an aromatic finish.
And don't forget that Top Chef returns December 1 at 10/9c. We're sure any of these drinks would be crowd-pleasers at your premiere party.
Bravo’s Style & Living is your window to the fabulous lifestyles of Bravolebrities. Be the first to know about all the best fashion and beauty looks, the breathtaking homes Bravo stars live in, everything they’re eating and drinking, and so much more. Sign up to become a Bravo Insider and get exclusive extras.