Top Chef, Season 9, Episode 915, Event #3, Winner
1. In a pressure cooker, place olive oil- heat over high.
2. Season rabbit thighs with kosher salt and black pepper, sear in the pressure cooker on both sides until golden.
3. Add onions, garlic cloves, half of the fresh cherries, and half of hazelnuts, sweat for 5 minutes.
4. Add red wine and herbs (except one sprig of rosemary), place the lid on the pressure cooker, and slide to lock.
5. Cook on low for 45 minutes.
6. Place the cooker under cold water to break the seal.
7. Remove lid and place the pot on a high burner.
8. Reduce the sauce and glaze over the rabbit thighs.
9. In another sauté pan, heat 1/4 cup butter, add seasoned rabbit hearts, rest of the hazelnuts and 1 rosemary sprig, cook for 1 minute, remove hearts and keep warm.
10. In the same pan, add cherries sauté in the butter, hazelnuts and rosemary, then add the rabbit thighs and strained sauce from the pressure cooker, keep warm to plate
Cabbage Kraut Puree:
1. In a medium pot, heat butter add cabbage and onion, until caramelized.
2. Season with kosher salt and add white wine.
3. Cook over medium heat until cabbage is tender and wine is reduced to a quarter.
4. Place in a blender, add lemon juice. Blend on high until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
1. Place cabbage puree on large bowls or plates.
2. Place braised rabbit thighs on top the top with cherry hazelnut sauce.
3. Garnish with 1 sliced rabbit heart and rosemary leaves