Top Chef, Season 9, Episode 4, Quickfire Challenge
1. Boil the water and add sugar, then add chilies, cook for about 15 minutes at a simmer.
Charred Corn Filling:
1. Heat a large sauté pan, add butter and bacon. Render the bacon then add the corn, sauté for a few minutes.
2. Add the cream, season with salt and pepper and reduce the cream until it’s reduced by half.
3. Blend half of the mixture and mix that into the whole corn mixture, cool, then add the cheese.
4. Stuff the habañeros with the filling, cup it together.
1. Combine flour and water to make a thick paste.
2. Dip the stuffed peppers into the paste then into the panko bread crumbs.
3. Fry at 350 degrees Fahrenheit in the fryer until golden brown.
Lime Cream Dipping Sauce:
1. Combine all ingredients and use as the dipping sauce for the poppers.