It’s a Toyota ride to Craft, L.A. In attendance are Tom, Emeril, Padma, and some guy who is dressed like he won the Masters… oh, that’s me. Sheldon and Brooke line up and wait for the arrival of the Last Chance Kitchen winner. We hear many shrieks and learn the following:
1. Carla is crazy, calls a squab “that bitch,” and butchers like she’s blind.
2. Kuniko swallows live butterflies and keeps them alive in her stomach.
3. CJ’s burger still isn’t any good, and he has nightmares about crumpets.
4. Tyler is still my favorite enunciator. “OK, Freako.”
5. Tall people, short people, beautiful people, anyone can win in LCK.
6. Josie is still looking for her niche, and her salmon is on the floor. I picture the whole salmon wearing a headband, cause that’s how I roll.
7. Stefan grows on us daily. That is meant as a compliment, not like it’s a case of shingles.
8. Kristen reigns supreme and comes back from her strange departure on Restaurant Wars. Reminder: I wasn’t a judge on Restaruant Wars.
So the three-headed hydra of finales has been born. It’s a Shelbrookrist, genetically represented by Hawaii, East L.A., and Southie, Boston.
The challenge is to cook a three-course meal at Craft with Tom expediting. Sheldon mentions that he is pretty on edge cooking at Tom’s house, like Tom has a bunkbed in the Craft L.A. kitchen where he lives throughout the year. The Menehune then threatens to set the place on fire. Tom tells the chefs that his customers expect a lot and not to let them down. This is called “foreshadowing.”