It's hard not to look forward to SUR's annual photo shoot, especially with Lisa Vanderpump's ever-changing themes. This year, the SURvers, bartenders, and hostesses alike brought their best for this year's very sexy (and over-the-top) photo shoot. Cue the (fake) stuffed pig and seductive cake eating. And the looks from the #PumpRules crew were undeniably perfect! So how did they achieve such glamorous looks? The PRIV professionals behind the SURver's hair and makeup are here to share their tips for getting the perfect SUR look...
How to create the perfect loose beach wave like Ariana Madix By: Anya Anderson @anyaanderson_
Step 1: Brush out your bed head. Spray a couple sprays of water to smooth out any kinks.
Step 2: Add your favorite style product that adds hold but does not weigh the hair down. I prefer Oribe's Grand Plumping Mousse or a drop of Bumble and Bumble’s style cream. Tip: Comb through to allow even distribution through hair.
Step 3: Using a clip, section the hair in two sections one on top and bottom. Smooth with the blow dryer and round brush.
Step 4: After hair is dried, section in two again. Take a two inch section of your bottom section, use your 1"1/4 wand, hold the wand down, wrap the hair away from the face leaving one to two inches out. After you curl, hold it in your hand to let it cool and set. Pull the section from the bottom then move on to the next. Your sections can be two inches wide. Continue on with the wand pointing down and wrapping hair away from the face. That is the key to the wand.
Step 5: When you have completed spray with your favorite hair spray or beach spray. Tip: always spray down the hair shaft to avoid frizzy hair.
How to rock a bold lip like Katie Maloney By: Alison Cristofar @makeup_ali
When wearing your favorite bold matte lip color, prep your lips by exfoliating them. You can use a light scrub or your toner that you use on the rest of your face. My favorite toner to use on the lips to remove dry skin is NARS Multi-Action Hydrating Toner. This step will help keep your lips smooth for a soft flawless application. Once you have prepped your lips, apply your lipcolor by starting in the center of your lips and work your way out. Finish by applying a similar color lip liner to define the edges of the lips. Tip: try to avoid eating anything oily because it will dissolve the lipcolor and always drink with a straw!
Lash Tip By: Jane Rosengarden @rosengardenglam:
One thing that stands out to me is Scheana Marie being particular about what eyelashes I used. Splurging on a nicer pair of lashes, even if they are synthetic, can just really improve a makeup.
Sultry Eyes like Brittany Cartwright By: Alison Cristofar @makup_ali
- Prime eyes first with concealer or eyeshadow primer. I recommend the MAC Paint Pot in “Groundwork” because it has a little bit of color and is great start to creating a smoky look.
- Define the crease by using a neutral brown shadow sweeping back and forth in a windshield wiper motion. Use a fluffy blending brush like MAC #224 brush.
- Choose a darker color of your choice for your lid, it can be shimmery or matte. On Brittany we used a shimmery color for a more glam look. Apply with a flat brush all over the lower lid in a patting motion.
- Use your blending brush and a little bit of the darker shadow and sweep it into the crease to create a blended effect.
- Complete by lining the upper and lower lash lines with a black or dark colored liner and top off with mascara and your favorite pair of faux lashes.
Don't feel jealous! Now you too can pamper yourself like a SURver. Use Priv to book a massage, manicure, haircut, training session and much more – and the best part? They'll come straight to you! Download Priv now and use promo code VPR10 for $10 off of your first booking.