Caroline Fleming is one baroness that takes things into her own hands (or should we say barefeet). While other Ladies may have private chefs, this royal proves that there's nothing like doing it yourself. Get ready for Christmas with her amazing goose recipe, becuase it's never to early to plan, right?
Caroline Fleming's Goose Recipe
1. Get a big fresh organic goose.
2. Turn the oven to 160 degrees celisus / 320 degrees fahrenheit.
3. Start by massaging the goose for a good 15 minutes, all over, with sea salt.
4. Place on a roasting pan and slow roast in oven for approx five hours depending on size of the bird - keep an eye on the bird and strain any excess fat occasionally. (This fat can be cooled and used for various dishes over the festive season - in Scandinavia we love to use the hardened goose fat on toasted rye bread with a thick layer of thinly sliced pastrami or turkey, dill pickles or pickled cabbage and sea salt).
5. Serve the goose with caramelized potatoes and red cabbage cooked in some red wine, apple cider vinegar, sea salt and a bay leaf and a good French Michel Roux style gravy (this is made from a good meaty stock).
Merry Christmas and happy festive season when the time comes... served with a little love from me and Scandinavian tradition.