Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, sweepstakes, and more!
Just when you think they've packed up their knives for good, Garrett and Renee are back and battling it out for a second chance on #TopChef! Though only one Cheftestant wins another try at the Top Chef title, we're all winners because we're gifted with some amazing, new recipes! Browse through the recipes below, put on your chef's hat, and try to make these dishes at home.
1. Renee's Crunchy Chicken
2 Chicken Breasts, Cleaned
1 Sprig Lemon Grass
1 Tbs Ginger
1 Clove Garlic
2 Tbs Fish Sauce
Salt and Pepper
Lemon Grass to Skewer:
1. Wrap the breast up on itself with a piece of crushed lemon grass in the middle.
2. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
3. Sear skin side down, for 2-3 minutes.
4. Flip and sear the opposite side for 2 minutes cover and place in 375°F oven for 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
1 Tbs olive oil
2 Tbs Onion
1 tsp Garlic
1 tsp Ginger
1 lb Dandelion greens
½ tsp Pepper
2 tsp Fish sauce
1. Heat the olive oil in a pan on medium high.
2. Add the onion garlic and ginger, sweat until translucent (2-3 minutes).
3. Add the dandelion greens. Stir until coated.
4. Turn down the heat to medium low and simmer about 5 minutes.
5. Season with pepper and fish sauce.
2. Garrett's Tofu Thang
Beet, plus greens
6 oz. Tofu
1 tbsp Soy sauce
1 tsp Ponzu
½ cup Coconut Cream
½ cup White Wine
2 oz Roast Walnuts
Salt and pepper
1. Reduce coconut cream & white wine on low heat by half.
2. Season tofu with salt and pepper, sear on medium high heat, flip and heat through the middle when you’ve reached dorado.
3. Chiffonade beef greens and braise in coconut redux.
4. Assemble and garnish with walnuts.