Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, sweepstakes, and more!
As a Bravo's Top Chef winner, Kelsey Barnard Clark knows a thing or two about whipping up incredibly flavorful dishes in a very limited amount of time. So now that "summer barbecue season is right around the corner," the chef is sharing her time-saving secrets for a quick and delicious seasonal spread.
In the video above, Kelsey shows how to make her BLT butter bean salad, loaded smashed potato bites, and molten chocolate cake with turkey jam. While each recipe "tastes like it took hours to develop that bold, smoky barbecue flavor," they can be made in just 15 minutes by using Boar's Head Bold PitCraft® Slow Smoked Turkey.
Watch the video above to see Kelsey show the best way "to pull off a barbecue, Top Chef style" and scroll down for the full recipes!
BLT Butter Bean Salad with Fried Smoked Turkey
4 to 6 servings
- 3 cups baby butter beans, fresh or frozen
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 oz. Boar's Head Bold PitCraft® Slow Smoked Turkey, large diced
- 1 head Bibb or butter lettuce
- 3 medium heirloom tomatoes, cut into medium wedges
- ¼ cup Boar's Head® Crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil, the good kind
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chiffonade
- ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- Place baby butter beans and chicken stock in a medium saucepot over medium heat. Boil for 10 minutes or until tender. Blanch by straining beans and placing them in ice-cold water to rapidly cool down. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over high heat. Sear turkey for 2 to 3 minutes or until crispy. Set aside.
- In a wide salad bowl or medium platter with a lip, layer whole lettuce leaves all across the bottom. Top with beans, tomatoes, Boar's Head® Crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese, and then Boar's Head Bold PitCraft® Slow Smoked Turkey. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and apple cider vinegar.
- Top with basil, parsley, salt, and pepper.
Loaded Smashed Potato Bites with Rosemary Crème Fraîche, Smoked Turkey, White Cheddar & Chives
3 to 4 servings
- 1½ lbs. whole petite potatoes, parboiled
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 4 oz. thick sliced Boar's Head Bold PitCraft® Slow Smoked Turkey, small diced
- 1 cup freshly grated Boar's Head® Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 cup crème fraîche, mixed
- 2 tbsp. minced rosemary
- 1 bunch chives, minced (½ cup)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook potatoes for 5 minutes.
- Strain potatoes, then place in a large mixing bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Smash potatoes lightly with the back of a spoon to flatten.
- Place potatoes on a medium baking sheet lined with foil or parchment. Place the sheet in the oven and bake potatoes for 5 minutes until crispy and deep golden on top.
- Top potatoes with Boar's Head Bold PitCraft® Slow Smoked Turkey and Boar's Head® Parmigiano Reggiano, and bake 2 minutes more.
- Mix crème fraîche with rosemary and set aside.
- Remove baking sheet from oven. Serve potatoes with crème fraîche and chives.
Molten Chocolate Cakes with Smoked Turkey Jam
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 6 oz. unsalted butter, softened
- 4 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Prepare ramekins: Generously coat 4 ramekins with 2 oz. butter, using a pastry brush. Next, lightly dust with 2 tbsp. flour, tapping out any excess. Place ramekins on a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat eggs, egg yolks, sugar, and salt on high speed until slightly thickened and pale yellow in color, 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk melted chocolate with remaining 4 oz. butter until completely incorporated and smooth. Quickly fold it into the egg mixture along with the flour.
- Spoon batter into prepared ramekins, stopping 1 inch from the top. Bake on the sheet for 10 minutes, or until the sides of the cakes are firm but the centers are soft.
- Let cakes cool in ramekins for 1 minute, then turn each one out to unmold, if desired — or simply serve immediately in ramekins.
*Begin turkey jam while eggs are whisking, then complete while cakes are baking.
Turkey Jam Ingredients
- 1 large or 2 medium yellow onions, diced
- 1½ lbs. sliced Boar's Head Bold PitCraft® Slow Smoked Turkey, chopped
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Turkey Jam Directions
- In a Dutch oven or medium-size pot, cook onions over medium heat, stirring frequently, until translucent, 3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir well, and bring to a boil.
- Let boil 8 to 10 minutes, or until mixture resembles a caramel or thick syrup. The jam can be served cold, at room temperature, or hot.
Want more Top Chef? New episodes air Thursdays at 8/7c or catch up through the Bravo app.
Bravo’s Style & Living is your window to the fabulous lifestyles of Bravolebrities. Be the first to know about all the best fashion and beauty looks, the breathtaking homes Bravo stars live in, everything they’re eating and drinking, and so much more. Sign up to become a Bravo Insider and get exclusive extras.