Ashley Darby Explains How Her "80/20" Diet Philosophy Works

Ashley Darby Explains How Her "80/20" Diet Philosophy Works

The Real Housewives of Potomac restaurateur breaks down her fitness approach (there are Doritos involved).

Digital Original
Ashley Darby Is Here to Help You Become an Adult About Diet and Exercise
bravo Insider Exclusive!

Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, sweepstakes, and more!

Sign Up for Free to View

Ashley Darby Is Here to Help You Become an Adult About Diet and Exercise

Host Chelsea White is learning to put down the wine and pick up the yoga mat.

As a yoga devotee, Ashley Darby is all about self-love and wellness, which extends to everything she puts in her body. Well, almost everything. The Real Housewives of Potomac restaurateur revealed that she keeps in shape by having a bit of leniency — something she calls the "80/20 principle."

"The 80 percent is fairly clean [eating] and the 20 percent is indulging," she told The Feast.

Ashley is also a big proponent of finding exercise where you can, even just taking the stairs or stretching before bed, and drinking lots of plain old water.

"You should try to drink at least three liters of water a day," she advised. "You have to stop drinking the wine... I’m saying maybe two glasses a week. The thing about wine is that it's made out of grapes, which are fermented, and it's basically sugar. You might as well be eating Pixie Stix after Pixie Stix."

So, Ashley is good 80 percent of the time, and the remaining 20 percent allows her to avoid feeling too deprived and then bingeing in rebellion. Then what's a major weakness she indulges in her off moments?

"I’m trying to become a vegan but I really love Doritos," she admitted. "So I can kill a bag of Doritos in .5 seconds, just inhale them. They’re not vegan."

Related Stories
Related Show

Bravo’s Style & Living is your window to the fabulous lifestyles of Bravolebrities. Be the first to know about all the best fashion and beauty looks, the breathtaking homes Bravo stars live in, everything they’re eating and drinking, and so much more. Sign up to become a Bravo Insider and get exclusive extras.

You May Also Like...
Recommended by Zergnet